Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!

Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!
Wiener...Ready For Takeoff!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Beach Buds

What’s better than a weekend at the beach with good friends, fabulous food, and free flowing Bang-koktails?!? I can’t think of too many things that could top that, can you!? This past Easter weekend my parents took a quick little road trip with some of their closest BKK peeps and headed down to the province of Rayong. Marked by a gorgeous coastline overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, Rayong is located just about a 3 hours drive Southeast from Bangkok (if you don't get stuck in traffic, which as we all know is highly unlikely). As you'd expect I celebrated Easter a little differently, staying at the luxurious Charoensuk Doggie Hotel again. You should see how many hotel points I have by now! My parents were nice enough to give me an early Easter dinner that included yummy kibbles and Oscar Meyer sando meat, one of my all-time favorite dishes! I ain’t complaining….that stuff’s imported! It makes me feel like a premium pup!

Happy Easter!
Rim Pae Beach in Rayong, Thailand

No dogs allowed...then who's this guy?!?
Apparently my parents and their good friends had a blast down at the villa in Rayong! The stories I've heard include really, REALLY scrumptious food and daily fresh baked bread compliments of the Inquiring Chef, morning beach runs on powdery golden sand, several hysterical rounds of Catch Phrase and late night karaoke, as well as a raucous full moon beach bonfire party where (rumor has it) even a bottle of Korbel Natural champagne was toasted!

Island Hopping!!!
The Grill Master aka Daddyo!
Thai Sausage Remy is another one of my nicknames! 
BBQ Chicks!
Easter Egg Strada!
Birthday Monkey Bread! 
Happy 25th Birthday Momma!!!
The Crew (minus Carolee)!
Beach Bonfire! Kinda sweaty, but so much fun!
Hearing all these wonderful stories from my parents has my lil' Doxie brain thinking. In fact, I’m gonna get a little deep with you guys for a second. All of these side trips, weekend getaways, and everyday adventures me and my parents have are certainly special and memorable in their own unique way. But as proven this weekend, all of life's experiences are far better when shared in the company of close friends and those we love. I cannot begin to express how happy and fortunate we are to have met such a wonderful group of buddies here in Bangkok. It truly is comforting to know we have all these great connections around the globe, as it makes the world feel like a much smaller place. Like Tim Cahill once said “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” Tim, you took the *woof* right out of my mouth! 

Until next time friends...



Swim, Eat, Drink, Laugh, Sleep, Repeat!
Bangkok Buds
GeTTin' CrAzY!!!
HANGTIME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment